Duration and teaching language:
Master’s Degree programs: 2-3 years
Doctoral Degree programs: 3-6 years
Application Requirements and Materials to be Submitted
1. Applicants should download and complete the application form“Jilin University Application Form for International Student” from the website of JLU’s Office of International Students.
2. Copy of passport
3. receipt of registration fee;
4. Copy of Certificate of HSK Examination
5. Master’s degree program applicants: must have a bachelor’s degree; age below 40; Certificate of bachelor degree, copies of transcripts and two recommendation letters issued by Associate Professors (or above) are required;
Doctoral degree program applicants: must have a master’s degree; age below 50; Certificate of Master degree, copies of transcripts and two recommendation letters issued by Associate Professors (or above) are required;
Senior visiting scholar: must have education higher than master’s degree; age below 55; Certificate of Master's degree or above is required.
Applicants are supposed to submit application materials to the Office of International Students by May 30 (study starts from September the same year).
Fees and standards (RMB yuan)
1. Registration fee: RMB 400
Literature and Arts: 19000
Science & Engineering: 24000
Medicine, Arts & Sports: 29000
3. Room rates :
The rooms are equipped with table, bookcase, wardrobe, telephone, TV set, network interface, private bathroom and shower.
Single-bed room：RMB 30.00~50.00/room/day
Double-bed room：RMB 25.00~45.00/room/day
4. Meal: about RMB 20-RMB 50/person/day
5. Insurance fee: the university will purchase “Comprehensive Medical Insurance Plan of Foreign Students in China” for international students. The Insurance Company covers the expenses of medical treatment due to disease or accidental injuries and relevant compensation.
6. Miscellaneous Fees:
Include fees for textbooks, extracurricular activities, experiments, internship, field trips (specialty related), etc. which will be charged according to relevant standards.